As I’ve mentioned on the show, I’ve been working on my video editing skill set so I can produce more video content for LR. I’ve got the first video finished for a new series I’m tentatively calling LR Depth Check.
You can see it here:
Here’s what I am going for with the series:
- Around 30 min long
- Full length draft portion with live commentary
- “T-shirt sizes” for the games as follows:
- Small – sped up games, with voiceover – games that happen without anything notable, and quickly
- Medium – sped up games, with voiceover – games that had some interesting things
- Large – sped up games, with voiceover – Depth Check, we get to go deep on a line of play, a decision, a pick, a block, whatever.
For the Large size, I have a bunch of ideas on ways to go deep on certain aspects of a game, and if these videos prove useful to you, I’ll explore those. (examples are bringing in pros to break down a line of play, going over sideboard decisions, identifying turning points of a match, etc)
My reasoning is pretty straightforward on these: You can watch full-length draft videos on CFB or wherever your favorite drafters draft. But for some people, the time commitment of watching a full draft plus all rounds is daunting. Additionally, since the player is under the constraints of the clock, they often can’t go as deep as they’d like with their explanations.
I’m trying to get a 2-for-1 by shortening the games that aren’t super interesting and going wayyy deeper on the spots that are.
So that leaves us with two orders of business:
- I want your feedback. I make these for you, and I want to know if they are useful or just meh.
- These wouldn’t be possible without our Patreon supporters. Thank you. I like being able to devote resources to this kind of thing and I wouldn’t be able to justify it otherwise.
Lemme know what you think,